Victory Christian Center
In 1983, Apostle Jimmie A. Ellis III began Victory Christian Center with just seven (7) people in the living room of a row home in West Philadelphia. Today, Victory Christian Center, Inc. (VCC), with a membership of over 1,600, is a thriving ministry located in the heart of Southwest Philadelphia which powerfully reaches many through our threefold vision to: Teach the Word of God, Win lost souls to Christ and Provide a haven of rest for weary souls.
A pillar of strength and faith for our community
While providing spiritual guidance, VCC also offers a broad range of assistance and support services to meet the physical, financial, educational and emotional needs of its members and community through more than 40 church ministries and programs. VCC diligently serves its surrounding area with yearly health fairs, food and clothing drives, empowering conferences and revivals. VCC's main campus holds, a community computer center, an on site publishing house, administrative offices, a Bible school, a Christian bookstore, a cafe, an audio center and a computer graphics design suite.
One of the core foundations of VCC's mission is to teach the Word of God. This is evident with two services on Sunday morning, Firm Foundation classes, the School of the Word Bible Institute, Children's Church, as well as Wednesday night Bible classes. Hundreds experience the power of God, deliverance and healing through the teachings of Apostle Dr. Ellis. With a passion for young people, Apostle Ellis has implemented several ministries geared toward utilizing this powerful generation.
VCC's awesome dance, music and drama ministries are second to none! Since its inception, the programs have drawn continual support, through increased viewership, calls to the prayer line and financial support.
Voices from our congregation...
- "Being a part of Victory Christian Center has taught me how to live practically as a Christian as God would have me to live. I have learned more about God and His ways as a VCC member. The teaching here is fantastic. Being a Christian is more meaningful and life is more fulfilling. "
— Sister Donna Cureton
- " I have found a true teacher in Apostle Ellis. I feel that I am truly growing; I have also found a loving, caring church family."
— Sister Judy Watford
- "VCC has helped cultivate me into a leader both spiritually and naturally. I have discovered my purpose in God through this ministry, and grown to become trained in the Kingdom work. Forever grateful,"
— Brother Marquis Coates
- "I visited VCC 1½ years after I got saved. I was a member of a church that was emotionally charged. After walking through the doors of VCC there was an immediate awakening in me. The Word of God kept drawing me, and I have not been the same since. What Growth!!!"
— Sister Sandy Smith
- "VCC has taught me to embrace who I am in the body of Christ. It has taught me the value of submission, service and how to be a leader at all times despite life circumstances. Humbly,"
— Brother Phill Yacinthe